Mr. Bashan Samuel
Special Agent (Ret.)
Israel Security Agency
Special Agent (Ret.) Bashan is the Former head of Bomb Security department (ISA Israel), served in the ID F and the Secret Service for over 20 years. He was a member of the government VIP protection unit, and served as a team leader, responsible for three different Israeli Prime Ministers.
He is an expert in bomb security and preventive sabotage and was for many years the department head in that field. As chief instructor, he has trained hundreds of Israeli security officers stationed in Israel and abroad. In this capacity, he formulated and implemented procedures and security systems that are still in use today at Tel Aviv’s Ben-Gurion International Airport.
Instructions and training on security and explosives for security officers from various fields, both in Israel and overseas:
• Law enforcement bodies (USA)
• US Navy and US Air Force on bomb security
• Ruanda and Nigeria Special army units on CT
• Dignitary and delegation protection units (Israel, Barbados — preparations for the 2007 Cricket World Cup—Spain, and Africa—Kenya, Rwanda and South Africa)
• Security officers in the Israel Court of Justice
• Spain, Kenya (Mombasa) X-Ray and screening training in Spanish customs and Mombasa port.
• IMI Security and Anti-Terror Academy, security officers training (Israel)
• Security officers and inspectors of the Ministry of Transportation (Israel)
• Casino security officers (Greece & Bulgaria)
• Body-guard, security-officer and law-enforcement related training (law-enforcement bodies)
• Security-related technology—operation and training: X–Ray devices, metal detecting gates & explosive detection kits
• Provision of special security-consultation services to the private sector on bombs and personal security
• USA Seattle and Washington DC – instructions for police officers and airport security managers
• Singapore- counters terrorism, and explosive devices trainings for SPF, and MHA.
The Instructor’s Positions
2012- present Lead Counter terrorism advisor ministry of transport Israel
2002–Present Governmental bodies (law enforcement) and Private sector organizations, instruction and training on bombs, explosives, and personal security (international)
1999–2001 Private sector, project manager
1995–1999 Adviser, Bomb Security Department, ISA (Israel), Private sector, project manager
1984–1994 Director, Bomb Security Department, ISA (Israel)
1978–1983 Officer, Israeli Dignitary and Official Delegation Protection Unit, Israeli Security Agency (Secret Service, Israel), Air Marshal, EL AL Israel Airlines.
1976–1978 Private sector
1971–1975 Lieutenant, Israeli Engineering Corps, IDF